Friday, January 30, 2015

Arrow Ninja Chronicles Crossover Pt. 3

(Writer's note: The three part episode will NOT appear in the final book version of the Ninja Chronicles Vol. 2 series, because the writer does not have copy right permission for the characters that will be appearing and fighting alongside Ninja in this trilogy story arc here.)

Arrow Ninja Chronicles Crossover Pt3

 

I honestly had to wonder, why the hell I put myself into these situations that tend to always seem like they're going to do more harm than good to me. Personally I could never be able to figure it out, but I had a feeling that I would eventually be able to. However in the mean time, here I am both getting the crap kicked out of me, and me doing the kicking in the first place.

I've got a feeling that you're wondering what in the world I'm talking about here, well unless you missed the last two entries, I've landed on a world that happens to be similar and close to that of another world that I had been on that was a ripping right from the comics of my own home world. The only difference is that not all of the heroes of that other world are currently here right now. They either have yet to be born, created or something else. Either way, I was right in the middle of a world where the Green Arrow lived, however he wasn't called Green Arrow here, he was just called Arrow (but he did wear green and shot green arrows).

Now the spot that I was in at that moment was one where I was going up against several guys at the same time, all trying to make sure that I didn't stop them from doing something stupid. I knew that Oliver Queen's (he's the Arrow here) computer friend Felicity Smoke was watching every painful minute that I was going through. The only thing here was, I was the only one that was actually here helping Oliver, and even Oliver wasn't here. After all, Oliver was someplace else doing the exact same thing that I was doing right now, fighting for his very life.

I had flown here not five minutes before, and thinking that everything was going to be fine and just waited till a signal was given to go forth with the plan, yeah however that wasn't going to be the case. Once I had arrived, I landed on the roof and went down the side of the building in a darkened area to make sure that I wasn't spotted. I had no idea that someone had already spotted me as I had arrived, and I had placed the engine on the glider to silent mode to make sure that I wasn't heard as I came in.

Well as soon as I reached the ground, I had a greeting party waiting for me. "Ah, hello there." I said after I turned to see them all pointing their guns at me. Of course they wouldn't work, however these guys didn't know that, and personally I wanted to keep that from them for as long as possible right now. "I'm sure that you're all wondering what in the world I'm doing here, well truth be told I'm just looking for the manager of the place." I told them; coming up with what I now realized had to be the worst excuse I've EVER come up with.

In turn they said nothing, so I spoke to Felicity without them knowing about it."Ah I've got a situation here, and no, they can't hear me or you for that matter right now." I told her.

"I know I can see remember, but how in the world did they know that you were there in the first place?" She asked.

There was only one answer that I could think of, and that was that I had been spotted coming in, damn so much for stealth. "I believe that they spotted me coming in, they didn't hear me, but they did see me. I'm going to have to work on getting that cloak extended to my body as well so I can't be seen at all." I stated. "And before you ask, no the suit doesn't have a cloaking ability, never thought that it was ever going to be needed. Of course with the name like Ninja, you'd think that I'd have one." I stated.

At this point I honestly couldn't think of any way that I could get out of this, I mean they had all their guns trained on me, and if I did the slightest thing, I know that they would start firing at me, and it would only give my one thing away, and I really didn't want to do that. So I just kept my hands up and didn't say anything, after a little while, someone that seemed to be in the lead waved his gun away from me, indicating the direction that I needed to travel in, and I had no problems with this at all.

As I walked, I was surrounded by the gun men leading me to where ever it was that I was being taken, and considering that I was covered head to toe, and they couldn't see what I looked like, it mean that they were being idiots and showing me the entire place. With them showing me the place, I was relaying those same images back and showing Felicity everything, and she was mapping it all out.

"Well at least there's something now to be said for a full face mask, gives you hidden chances to do things that they wouldn't have considered before." She noted over the comm link. "Like showing you the entire place without them realizing the huge mistake that they just made."

"That's wonderful; however this doesn't tell me what I'm going after here." I stated.

"Right, ah sorry about that, hold on, let me go back over everything and see what I can find." She stated. After that, the only thing that I heard over the link was keys tapping.

It was at that point that I realized that even if she told me what I was looking for, I still wouldn't have any idea at all. "Felicity, I've got an idea, something that I really should've thought of before leaving. However now that I'm thinking about it, I'm writing up the program and sending it to you now. When you upload it and activate it, it'll create a mirror HUD on your screen, one that will look exactly like mine. That way when you see the stuff that happens to be there, since I know that I'm going to be going back over it again, you can either tap on the image which will highlight it for me, or you can click on it, basically either way will highlight the item that I need to deal with." I told her.

It was at this point that I was brought into the last room of the building since I had gone past a few of them in order to get to this one right here. "Felicity, switch to real time and engage the HUD program I sent you." I told her.

"Activating it now." She told me.

The man that I was now standing in front of looked like a business man, nearly. The guy wore a plain suit and stood like he owned the joint, hell he might've actually did, I didn't know and at that point, I really didn't care one way or the other. "I know who you are; you're the one that helped out the Arrow before. Just showed up out of nowhere and started helping him." The suit stated.

Personally I didn't think that was the case at all, but I figured that I would just leave him with that thought. "Well if you want to think of it that way, sure." I stated.

The man smiled. "I know what you're after, and you will die before you can do anything." He said as he pulled out a gun and pointed it right at my head. "And I'm going to be the one that ends your life." He finished as he pulled the trigger and fired it.

Of course what I pointed out before still happened. The bullet was fired, even at close range, however the helmet killed the blast from the gun, everyone else in the room seemed to either ignore it or wince in pain from the explosion of sound. However after the bullet left the chamber and came flying at me, I could hear Felicity on the other end of the comms gasp. The bullet never made it, once it got to the protective field surrounding the suit, it disintegrated on impact and the kinetic energy from the bullet went right into the suits batteries. Then it was game on at that point.

I moved with near lightening speed and started taking everyone that was around me down and out for the count; there was no way I was leaving anyone up at all. I was flipping and my hands and feet were kicking out in all directions, making sure that I got everyone that I could. Before anyone in there even realized it, I was already on my way out the door and heading in whatever direction Felicity was content on sending me.

"Hey wake up over there, I'm hot and I need directions right now." I told her.

I could tell that she was still in shock over everything that had just happened. "What the hell, I thought you were going to die there." She stated.

"Yeah it's a shield that I came up with on my home world that doesn't allow bullets to make contact with me. It doesn't bounce them off, but it does take them out. Either way, right now I need you to let me know what in the world I'm looking for here, after that I can explain everything OK. Besides I usually don't say anything for safety's sake anyway, plus I love the surprised that I usually get from the look on people's faces when they find out about it for the first time." I told her.

"Right, the ingredients for the Mirakuru." Again, she was typing on her computer and doing it at lightening speed.

Suddenly different containers were appearing on the screen highlighted in and orange-yellowish type of color, letting me know that those were the ones that I needed to hit. Considering that these had to be destroyed, I had a feeling that they weren't wanting any more loss of life, so I figured now would be the perfect time to test something that I had in my belt that would get rid of everything but not kill anyone.

Taking out a small hand full, they were a small button like devices that looked like nothing. I ran by each of the boxes tagging each box with one and ticking off each box on my HUD to make sure that I didn't miss any. Once that was done I turned back to look for them, I could hear Felicity on the other side asking what in the world I was doing. "Hey Felicity, just wait for it OK." I told her shutting her up. I triggered each of the buttons that I had placed on them at the same time. Right before her and my eyes, each of the boxes had black envelope them and then they just vanished from sight.

"Wow, what was that?" Felicity asked.

I smiled under my mask before turning and heading out of the place. "A little something that I had come up with on a different world that I had been on. Each of the tab bombs contains a micro black hole, which as you saw, once unleashed would envelope said target and then pull it into itself on a molecular level. Not to be used on living flesh, trust me the site isn't pretty, and no I had seen someone else do it I've never done it myself." I told her as I reached the outside and called the glider down.

Once I got onto the glider I flew up into the sky and headed off towards where Oliver was located at, however shortly after I got into the air, there was an explosion off towards my left and knew that Diggle had just leveled the place. "Well looks like we've just got one left." I stated as I continued lying towards Oliver.

Once I got there I noticed that the place was a mess, knocked out bodies everywhere, but at least none of them were Oliver's at all. I jumped off the glider and ran into the place, following the trail of bodies going into the place. It amazed me the level of people that had been here.

As I looked around for Oliver, I noticed that several of the boxes were lighting up in my heads up display. I quickly tagged all of them and kept doing it as I found them while continuing to head to Oliver.

Once I found him, I had tagged all of them and noticed that he was still fighting, but he was fighting the one person that I didn't think that I would ever see here, Deathstroke. "Arrow, wrap this up. Everything is tagged and ready to go, I just have to give the signal and it's all over. However I'd like you to be with me when that happens." I said as I stayed there yet far enough away to make sure that I wasn't in anyone line of fire.

"Go, once I've gotten everything set up, you will never get away." Deathstroke stated.

Now if that right there didn't send chills then I really have no idea what in the world would have at that point. However I noticed that Oliver backed off slightly and came towards me with an arrow nocked and pulled back. "This will end, and you will go down." Oliver told him before once again backing out and keeping the arrow trained on the guy.

Once we were clear of the room that they had been in, we started back towards the entrance to the place, passing everything up as we went by. "Once we get clear, blow the place." Oliver told me.

I held up the triggering device, and pressed the button. "No need." I told him as we ran.

As we ran through the place different boxes that were there became black and then disappeared, just like before, nothing else around them was disturbed, unless of course there had been another box on top of it and then it came crashing down.

"What the hell did you just do?" Oliver asked me.

"I disintegrated each of the boxes and just that box, nothing else; hence the crashing sound you heard of the other boxes falling after the one below vanished." I told him as continued running. "Basically, without any loss of life at all."

Once we reached the outside of the building, we met up with Diggle who was running towards us. "So is it finished?" He asked.

Oliver looked back at the building. "I believe it is." He said. "But either way we shouldn't stick around."

It was right then that the last person we actually expected to walk out threw a crate at us. "I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU YET!" Deathstroke shouted at us.

I honestly don't know what in the world happened, but something inside me just completely took over and before I knew it I was up in the air and literally kicking the crate away from us. This was I believe going to be the first time that I actually got to test out the skills that I had learned on the Minute World. "Arrow, take him and move to a safe distance away. I've got this." I told him as I turned to face Deathstroke.

On my HUD, everything about Deathstroke came up, even information that I had gotten from being on the prior DC World. The look might've been slightly different, but some things were still the same. Deathstroke laughed at me. "You've got this, gee you kick one crate out of the air, and you think you've got this." He said with a laugh.

Considering that he had no idea what in the world I could do, I just stood there facing him, knowing that either I was going to end up dead, or he was for the first time going to feel something that he had never felt before.

He started running towards me full hilt, and when he got to within half a foot of me, I spun and grabbed him by the back of the mask he wore and brought him off balance before throwing him back with a force that I doubt he had seen before, smacking into the wall of the building and denting the wall. He slowly got back up, but didn't say anything. This time he got to within a foot of me and started throwing both punches and kicks at me, all of which I saw coming and blocked with little to no efforts at all. "You do realize that I could keep this up all day and night, and that I was trained by far better than you could even begin to imagine." I told him.

Every move that he made, I kept countering, and he nearly started countering mine as well, since he was starting to slowly learn the pattern that I was moving at. However for each one that he made I kept changing things up on him, and I know that was starting to really piss him off, but that had been the point the entire time. To fully throw him off and it was something that I also knew that he wasn't ready for.

During the fight I had pulled out the folding bow and threw a few arrows at him myself, basically as nothing more than a distraction. All the while something else was getting ready for me to bring into play. However I also knew that I couldn't kill him, I could basically only do something that would make him think twice before doing anything stupid. Yeah I know good luck to that one, but it's a hope.

As the fight continued, for me it was like the world was slowing down and everything around me I could see where it was all leading, this was something that I had only experienced once before back on the minute world and this was only telling me that I was now moving so fast that my reactions were going to be far different than before. The dance that I was having with Deathstroke became something different, one that changed for him, because I could see that I had actually been on the verge of losing, but my mind didn't want to accept that at all. However now that this had taken over me, I could see an opening that I knew I had to take, but right then I saw that there was two different openings, one opening would kill him, and the other one would be the difference and wouldn't kill him either.

I decided to take one of them, and that allowed me to shatter his defenses and change the entire outcome that I knew was coming and fast. Slamming him with a back fist and kicking my left foot out and hitting, making him double over. I spun around and brought my right foot down across the lower section of his mask laying him out on the ground. It was at that point that I reached my hand up into the air where a light burst out filling the entire area in a white radiance of light. I could feel a handle slip into my hand which I wrapped my fingers around getting a tight firm grip on the handle. Once the light cleared, I brought my sword that I had just pulled out of thin air (OK I had transferred it from another dimensional world) and pointed it right at his neck. "This is going to go one of two ways, a you give all of this up and know that you'll have one black mark only, or b, keep fighting and eventually lose to someone you've only met for the first time and don't know anything about and never will." I told him. "Come on, I just pulled a sword out of the air and I know that's something that you can't do." I told him.

I stood there as he slowly backed off and stood up. "You've got brass kid; I'll grant you that, I've honestly never seen moves that like before. I don't know where you learned what you learned, but it does amaze me. I would ask you to partner up with me, but something tells me that money really doesn't mean anything to you. So I'll just take my leave. However what's going on between the Arrow and me, that right there won't end till he's dead. Mark my words carefully." He stated before turning and walking away.

I walked over to where Oliver and Diggle stood, since I knew that they had watched the entire thing happen. "Let's get out of here." I told them.

 

Back at Oliver's base, everyone had gathered there, we all knew that it was time for me to leave and considering that I still had my sword with me, I wasn't quite ready to give it up yet. "Oliver," I said as I looked up at him from looking at the sword. "You do know that he's going to return right, that this fight between the both of you isn't going to end any time soon."

Oliver nodded. "Yes I know, but at the same time, I also know that I will find a way to end this without killing him or anyone else." He told me. "So what are you going to do with the sword, I doubt that you can take that with you?" He asked.

Something told me that he wanted to hold it there; however I knew that it had to go back to whatever world I had pulled it from in the first place. "Yeah, I can't leave this here or take it with me. So there's only one thing that I can do." I told him as I lifted right up straight above my head.

The moment that my arm was fully straight, a bright brilliantly white light came off the sword and starting to light up the entire place in a blinding light. I felt a slight tug from the sword and let it slip out of my hand and vanish from the world that I was on to go back to the holding location that it was at. When the light had cleared and gone away, the sword was gone and there was nothing left. "Now it's been put away, and" I said holding up a hand. "Don't ask where it went since not you or anyone here can be able to find it and get it." I finished.

Oliver smiled. "Thank you for your help, I know that this was different for you, but at the same time I know and understand that each of the worlds that you visit will also be different and that none of these are ever going to be the same." He said as we shook hands.

No one else said anything, except Felicity. "Will you ever be back here?" She asked me.

I thought about that for a moment before answering. "Truth be told the next world that I leap to I don't know what's going to be there, however my onboard computer system keeps track of the worlds that I've traveled to in the past, which means that even though the next one is different and unknown, I ca always return back to a prior world that I've visited before. It's only a matter of time before I eventually do. So maybe some time in the future you will see me, considering that with the exception of one world, each of the worlds that I've been too all move at the same temporal speeds." I told her and explained to her.

I stood back from all of them as they stood as far from me as they could. Now I knew that that this point I was a bit underground, but since I didn't know what world I was about to leap to, the only thing I could hope for was that the next world that I landed on had a building in this same location.

I triggered the leap and the world turned blue and energy like around me, Oliver and company faded from view, and since time between the worlds was suspended, I really wondered what I was going to land in once the energy cleared and the bridge between worlds closed.

 

Once the energy did clear, I actually was in a basement, but for some reason the place almost looked like the world that I had just left, except for the fact that there was no computers or archery gear or anything around except for crates. I quickly as I could make my way out and lucky without being seen at all. Once I made it outside I got a look around, and the place looked like it had just been destroyed, each of the building were in shambles and it was like no world that I had ever been to. I looked at the screen and realized that there was something that I hadn't seen before and that was a slight radiation signature that was in the air. Thankfully it really hadn't made a lasting mark on the suit, so before it really could, I took another leap. However right before I did, I heard what sounded like a plane coming. I looked up and saw what it was and what type of plane it was. Yeah I was getting out of there, for some reason they were about to bomb what was left of this city and I didn't want to be here when they did. I figured that if I wanted to find out what was going on here, I would have to leap out, move and then leap back to getting a far better idea. However right then, it wasn't the time to find out, it was time to get out. So I leapt.


--
Felix Sanchez
Carrier for Martinez News-Gazette, Martinez, CA
Alhambra High School
Class of '97
Ninja Chronicles Blog (fictional): http://ninjachroniclesstories.blogspot.com/
Ninja Chronicles eBook Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Chronicleskindle
Ninja Chronicles: The Return Blog (fictional): http://ninjachroniclesthereturn.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment