Sunday, June 22, 2014

Arrow Ninja Chronicles Crossover

(Writer's note: The three part episode will NOT appear in the final book version of the Ninja Chronicles Vol. 2 series, because the writer does not have copy right permission for the characters that will be appearing and fighting alongside Ninja in this trilogy story arc here.)

 

The place that I had arrived at was an alley, but the thing was it was right in the heart of a city, and one that looked a bit familiar to me, and this was honestly not something that I had been looking forward to. Considering that I had a feeling that I knew where I was, and considering that this would be my second trip to this world considering the last time that I had been here. However it was the feeling that I had, and I had to make sure, I knew I just couldn't go by the familiar look of the place, after all if I had done that, then every world that I leapt to that had a city that was similar to each other, I'd been thinking that I was never leaping in the first place.

I walked out of the alley way and to the street and saw that the city was familiar, yet different at the same time. I checked again the dimensional location that I always checked upon arriving on any world to make sure that they were never the same, and discovered that the world I was now on was similar to the one that I had been on before, however I wasn't on that world, but the signatures were so close that I had missed it at first glance, how could I have been such an idiot to that little detail. From near as I could tell, this world that I was currently on, was in truth a similar yet far younger world than the other one that I had been on in the first place. However that didn't excuse my stupidity when it came to not seeing it the first time around.

I noticed then that there was an alarm faintly going off in the distance, and personally I knew that if I wanted to find out if this world was similar to the one that I had been on before, and then I needed to actually go to the sound of the alarm and see. Plus for me what better way to find out, then by doing the hero act, and knowing that it would also be on camera too. So if the heroes here didn't see me, then I'd be caught on camera, and both the police and the heroes would see me.

I reached my hand up pointing the gauntlet up towards a nearby building and pressed the trigger in my gloved hand and fired off the grapple line, once it caught, it gave a pull and off I went both swinging and heading towards the sound that was going off.

Once I reached the location, I noticed that it was a medical company that was having a break in, so I figured that I might as well step in and stop whatever they were taking. There were a few armed men that I knew I could be able to take out with no problems, but there was one guy there that was armed with something else that I hadn't ever seen before, at least not unless they had been wearing all black in the first place, and this guy wasn't. Suddenly an image appeared on the HUD and showed me what was going on behind me, a figure had dropped down a little ways behind me, but I had a feeling that he thought that I might've been a apart of whatever was going on here. Yeah I had to change that little disillusion right fast.

I moved from where I had been, and silently got over to one of the closer men, and grabbed him in a tight sleeper hold and brought him down fast, I looked around to make sure that any little ripple of cloth sound hadn't been heard that had been made. I waited a second and then moved off since no one bothered to come check at all. After taking him out, I moved around the side of the truck that they were loading everything into and in case anything happened, I attached a tiny tracking unit under the main engine block. If someone tried to remove it, they'd have to remove the ENTIRE engine block in order to get access to that tracker, shoot the only way that I got it there was by shooting it there in the first place.

After that was done, I noticed that the one that had spotted me before was taking an stock of the place, I knew to try and figure out everything that was going on there before actually moving in and taking these guys down. I also noticed that he was speaking softly and that he had to be talking on a radio to someone. I searched and found the frequency and started to listen in. "I'm counting at least five men there, I had seen six before, but something happened to him." The guy in the green hood said. Yeah that had been me taking that guy out.

"Be careful Oliver, we don't know who this new player is, for all we know, he's with them." I heard another male voice state.

Well I figured correctly, I was on a similar world to the one that I had been on before, but this one not only was younger, but at the same time they had similar heroes here too, including Oliver Queen, The Green Arrow. I knew right then that it was time to make my move and for me to show him what side that I was really on.

I moved out to where the men were working and once they saw me, they dropped what they had been working on and pulled out guns and started to fire them at me. For me, time slowed to a crawl as I began to move and fast. I ducked below one shot and quickly took the guy out sending him flying into the crates that were nearby. Then I went after the next guy that was firing at me, and then suddenly everything changed, it seemed that there were more men than had been figured before, and the gun fire stopped at that point.

"I don't know who you are, but if you're with the vigilantly, then you're going to die just like him." The guy with the claws in his hands said to me.

I didn't say anything, actually I didn't have to say anything, and the arrow landing in the side of the truck said everything for me. I noticed that it had been a sonic trick arrow, and had the suit kill all sound around me, that way once the arrow went off; I didn't go down with everyone else there. Which is exactly what happened.

The sound dropped everyone like a stone, and there was no one left standing. Oliver dropped down and went after the one with the claws; I handled the other men that were there since the sonic was supposed to allow Oliver to enter in without getting shot. "I don't know who you are, but we need to get out of here, once I done with Bronze Tiger here, we're gone." He told me.

That I had no problems with at all, and knocking the men out and then tying them up wasn't a problem, and took less than ten minutes in total together. After we got out of there, Oliver turn around on me and put his bow against me to hold me in place once he got me up against a nearby wall. "Now tell me who the hell you are and why I shouldn't put an arrow through you right now?" He asked me.

"Ah Oliver, don't you think that's a bit hasty right there." A female voice said over the radio.

\"Yeah personally I'd listen to her if I were you." I told him. "After all Oliver, how are you going to learn the truth if you kill me, and believe me the Oliver that I know of doesn't kill, he's a hero." I told him.

"He looked dead at me." You heard her, but how.?"

I looked at him and tilted me head. "I scanned for the radio frequency and then locked on, it's a tight band yes, known for quick bursts so that way no one can lock on, but considering that I'm not from around here, finding it is no problem for me." I told him.

Oliver backed off and turned away from me. "Since you seem to know me so well, let's go, you've got a lot of questions to answer and not just from me." He said as he led the way.

 

About fifteen minutes later after a motorcycle and glider ride to where he had been going, we arrived at the back of a warehouse like place that actually turned out to be a nightclub of sorts. He lead me inside and down the stairs to a place that had been hidden from view, a place that had more high tech gear and training equipment than I had ever seen before in the last location that Green Arrow had. "Well this isn't like the last place that I had been in before, but then again that had been a totally different world, and one that I'm not going to be going back to any time soon." I stated as I looked around the place.

As I looked over the place, I saw that there were two others that were there, a young lady and a very muscular black man looking at me. The black guy looked like he wanted to put a bullet in my head given the first wrong move I made, and I had no doubt that he was fast, but he had no idea that about my suit at all. "So who are you and what are you doing here and what do you want?" Oliver asked.

"First off for right now, at least till I've got a better understanding, you can call me Ninja, and no not just because of the black with slight red suit that I'm wearing right now. I come from a different dimension, a similar one to this one, but different. I had already been on a world that was similar to this one, and honestly thought that I had gone back to that world, and that actually isn't supposed to be possible. However when I rechecked this world's dimensional signature, I noticed that I wasn't on that world at all. I was actually on a similar yet younger world, and it seems one that doesn't have all of the heroes that that world had." I said as I looked at a news feed that was coming in through one of the monitors. "As for what I'm doing here, I'm just a traveler, and usually there's a reason as to why I travel to different worlds, like the last one that I had been on was dealing with an augmented reality that was in fact hurting the people of that world, or even a world that had been similar to that of Tron, like I said, different worlds. As to what I want, it seems that since I'm on this world, I'm to help you in some way, and believe me I've got the skills needed to be able to help you. How I help you I don't know, but after that little problem at that warehouse, it seems that there's something coming up that you're going to be needing my help on in a big way." I told him.

I noticed that there were two more people that had come down the stairs an amazing brunette woman, and a teen kid in a red hoodie. "Great it looks like the rest of your team is here. Though on the last world that I had been on, she would be Canary, and you young man would Roy." I said as I walked over to him.

Canary walked over to Oliver and at that point I was thankful that I could still hear them even when they whispered. "Oliver, who is this, and where did he come from?" She asked.

"I don't know, but he says that he's from a different dimension, and that he's seen people that were a different version of us." Oliver told her.

"From what I've been able to understand here, Ninja here is from a parallel Earth, different results that have taken place for each location that he's been on. He's been traveling from world to world, but him being here and talking about us as if he's already met us before, that's actually kinda creepy." The woman sitting at the computer stated.

"Felicity do a check on the cameras around that warehouse within a two mile radius and see if you can find something that might've been out of the ordinary. We might be able to find a camera that caught him and his story." Oliver told her.

With that, I actually walked over to her computer and took out my USB connection and plugged it into the side of the monitor and let my computer go to work. "I think that I can help narrow this all down." I told them as a window opened up and data information started to scroll down it, seconds later another window opened up and started flashing through cameras around the time index that I had arrived at. I saw that one of the cameras had been pointing directly down the alley when I had leapt in and I rewound the tape back to right before that point, and paused it. "Here you go." I told them as the footage started playing. Everyone was looking at the screen as I had it filling the entire monitor and right before their eyes, the screen showed someone starting to form up before the energy flared out for a few seconds only to go back and form up around me and solidify me into my body. This was actually the first time that I had seen myself actually leap onto a world, considering that I had never seen the experience from the outside before considering that I had always been on the inside of the leap each time, and had been pure energy each time.

Oliver stood up and faced me. "Looks like you were right about coming from a different world, and about how you got here, now the only question is why are you here." I was about to say something when he put his hand up. "I know that you don't know, which means that in the mean time, you're going to have to stay here and out of sight unless you're going to be needed, and right now I don't think that's going to be happening." He finished as he stepped up to the black guy. "Diggle, keep an eye on our mystery guest here. I've a feeling that something's about to happen and that he might be at the center of it all."

"Do my best Oliver, you know that."

"In the mean time, I've got to find out what was going on at that warehouse and what the Golden Tiger wanted there in the first place." Oliver stated.

I realized right then, that this also might be my chance to also find out why I was brought to this world as well, and considering my suit, I knew that I could be able to scan an area and find out details that Oliver might miss. "I think you're going to want to take me along with you, after all, my suit can be able to help you out in ways that you can't get otherwise." I told him.

I could tell that he was thinking that over, but wasn't too sure, and I could understand that. After all, here I was someone that didn't come from his world, intruding upon things that he normally handled himself with the help of his friends. "Right now, I'm not so sure that's a good idea." He said.

I nodded. "I completely understand, after all I'm not from this world, and here I am coming in for the first time to your world and throwing everything off kilter completely, and here you are with your friends dealing with something that could affect the city in ways that none of us can be able to see at this point in time." I said as he walked over to the case that held the arrows for his quiver in them.

He looked at me with determination and I knew that this would be the end of it for now. "Yes that's it, but at the same time, how do I know you're not working for Slade Wilson? After all, this right here would be his style, something that I know that he could be able to pull off." Oliver stated. "So for now, you're going to be staying here, while I go check things out."

I watched as Oliver gathered everything that he was going to need and then left with the girl that had arrived with the one he would eventually call Speedy. "Great, I'm not on this world for more than five minutes, and I'm shunned and sent to the sidelines without so much as a second look, this is a first." I said as I walked over to the girl behind the computers. "Looks like I'm just going to be doing everything here, I won't touch, but my computer systems with be checking out the images that these screens show." I said as I peered at each one of them.

I knew that Diggle was watching me like a hawk to make sure that nothing happened, and for me that was fine, but I wanted to help out, and I had a feeling that the only way that I was going to be able to do that was to analyze the images and see if there was anything from here that I could see that they might miss there.

Once they had arrived at the location, I could see that there were things there that they were seeing and picking up on, but something wasn't right. That was when I saw it. "Tell Oliver to back off from that truck right now." I said.

Diggle was standing right behind me, and I had been so intent on the screens I hadn't even noticed. "And why should he do that?" He asked.

"Because if Oliver doesn't stop, they're going to trip a bomb that's on the back of that truck." I told him.

It took Diggle a few seconds before he nodded and sent word to Oliver. I looked back at the screen and saw Oliver stop dead in his tracks, and then started looking around the truck, after about five minutes, he spotted the same thing that I had spotted when it came to the trip wire leading to the bomb.

 

Thirty minutes later, everyone was back and everyone was looking at me. "Just how did you know that there was a trip wire there for that bomb?" Oliver asked.

As I looked him dead in the eyes, I folded and lowered my helmet down letting him see my face and eyes for the first time. "Because as I had said before you left, thanks to my suit, I could see things that you normally couldn't. So since I couldn't be there in person, I checked out the scene through a camera and that's when my suit saw the trip wire and pointed it out to me right off." I told him.

Oliver looked me dead in the eyes, I knew that right then he was making some kind of decision. "Then we've got a lot to talk about," He said.

In the back of my mind I knew only one thing, that can't be good.


--
Felix Sanchez
Carrier for Martinez News-Gazette, Martinez, CA
Alhambra High School
Class of '97
My Political World Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Political-World/
Ninja Chronicles Blog (fictional): http://ninjachroniclesstories.blogspot.com/
Ninja Chronicles eBook Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Chronicleskindle
Ninja Chronicles: The Return Blog (fictional): http://ninjachroniclesthereturn.blogspot.com/
My FanFiction.net page: http://www.fanfiction.net/~timetracker2643 

No comments:

Post a Comment